Space is limited to 20 students, so reserve your spot today!
Friends and Art Lovers,
I will be teaching an acrylic workshop over the Columbus Day weekend October 9, 10, & 11 (Saturday, Sunday, Monday) at Sanchez Art Center in Pacifica. The workshop, Paint Like the Old Dutch Masters with Acrylic, will focus on my unique glazing and layering acrylic technique, which resembles of old Dutch master painters.
The workshop is open to all levels. Maximum class enrollment is 20. Register today!
Here is more information on the workshop:
Learn to paint like an old Dutch master
• How to glaze and layer using Wayne’s acrylic techniques
• How to harmonize color using a limited palette
• How to take the best photo reference for painting
• How to use software like Photoshop to help you paint with more confidence
• Transitioning to acrylic from watercolor or oil
• Understanding the advantages of acrylic while avoiding its shortcomings
• Combining drawing, collage, photos, and found materials with acrylic
• Approaching from realism to plein air to abstract
• Learn best practices in acrylic
• How to prepare a variety of surfaces for acrylic painting
• How to paint on paper, panel, recycled objects, and canvas
• Practical tips for painting with acrylics
Demonstrations, Glazing, and Layering
• Mixed media collage
• and sanding
• Mixing colors
• Tour of in a variety of styles
• Painting sessions
The painting sessions will provide hands-on time to learn and apply Wayne’s unique glazing and layering techniques as well as exploring various acrylic styles. Students will have the choice of painting from live subjects or from photographs.
For more information on the workshop:
Download the workshop brochure and registration form at:
For more information about the Sanchez Art Center including directions:
Hope to see you at the workshop!